Tuesday, October 28, 2008

WRITER'S WRITE

Every since I was 15, I have been told that I should be a writer. Why these people keep telling me this I'm am not too sure. Some describe me as funny, others as weird. Sure, I like word games, scrabble, poetry and short stories. I even launched a career by avoiding math. Ultimately though, the older I get, the more the math makes sense and the writing becomes harder. Maybe that's just because math is functional, quick and perfect. Fast food for our instant society. Writing takes time. Time I don't have. As much as I'd like to ditch the busy city life, buy some flannel shirts and move to Vermont, it's just not practical. Not now anyway, maybe later.

In the meantime, I will write and you will read. I'm not even sure who "you" are as I currently have no audience in mind here. I don't have a voice or a style yet for that matter. Nonetheless, I thank you for sitting through the mandatory rough draft opening entry.

1 comment:

  1. Very glad to see you are writing. The more you practice the easier it will get. And it may be hard and messy, but so is life. Even life in Vermont.

    ReplyDelete