Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Stigma and the Stigmata


We all know now that smoking is not cool anymore. Maybe once upon a time smoking was the fashionable way to go but in reality that's nothing more than marketing. Gee whiz, how hard could it be to market an addictive product anyway?

Bottom line.......smoking sucks and is nothing more than a social stigma.

Below the bottom line.....nothing sucks more than smoking except trying to quit!

Yes, I am trying to quit smoking by taking Chantix and it's simply not fun. However between the dizzy spells, puking and wild sex dreams, I have managed to cut down by at least half or better. Most of the time I don't even feel like having a cigarette but only do it because the habit says it's time to smoke. There is supposed to be a "quit date" where you stop smoking for real but I'm dragging it out a little past the normal schedule because I happen to like being high all the time and having a tingling head. (As much as like puking.)

To have invented a great system for keeping track of my progress as well. I simply write the daily smoke count on my hand using a large black marker. By the end of the day, my hand is a black scribble of numbers and smudge but I like to pretend it's my version of the stigmata where I can offer up my suffering to a higher power.
Here's the stats so from the first week of medicine.
Friday = 17 (nearly passed out dizzy at work)
Saturday before Mother's Day = 16
Mother's Day = 6
Monday = 10
Tuesday = 10.5
Wednesday = 10
Thursday = 9 (puked up the morning coffee)
Friday = 8
Saturday = 6
Sunday = 3


I'm about ready to drop them altogether but will wait for next weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment