Monday, December 1, 2008

The Best Thanksgiving

There is no doubt in my mind that this Thanksgiving was the best one I've had this year. I'm not just saying that to suck up to family readers either. I truly mean what I say. Ask anyone who knows me, I'm always sincere and honest without a hint of wise-assedness. This was the best Thanksgiving this year for so many reasons that I find it hard to pick just one to write about. All that warm-fuzzy nostalgic made-for-TV movie stuff just sends my head a spinning . Therefore, instead of giving you the melodramatic version, I will simply narrow it down to a few highlights.

BEST TWO-HOUR LONG VERSION OF TWISTED SISTER'S "WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT" PLAYED IN THE CAR ON PORTABLE KEYBOARD:
~Nick



BEST COMBINATION OF TURKEY, PERUVIAN FOOD AND ALCOHOL:
~Aunt Denise


BEST TOUR OF UPTOWN CHARLOTTE:
~Aunt Desnie/Uncle Manuel


BEST MOVE THEATRE EXPERIENCE:
~Charlotte IMAX


BEST COMBINED USE OF PAPRIKA, SINUS MEDICATION AND CHAMPAGNE RESULTING IN HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER:
~Aunt Denise


BEST COFFEE STAIN THAT APPEARS IN THE MOST FAMILY PICTURES:
~Me


BEST FOOTBALL GAME:
~None


BEST PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBIT:
~Grandpa Larry


BEST ONE-HOUR LONG VERSION OF TWISTED SISTER'S "WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT" PLAYED ON THE PORCH AFTER THANKSGIVING DINNER ON PORTABLE KEYBOARD:
~Nick


BEST DRINKS FOR HOMELESS PEOPLE:
~Starbucks Coffee in Charlotte


BEST DRESSED HOMELESS PERSON:
~Altanta, GA Man in Marist High School Swim Team Jacket

BEST SCRABBLE PLAYER:
~Grandma Clara


BEST PERSON TO HAVE IN THE CAR WITH YOU:
~Michele


BEST MULTI-COURSE BIRTHDAY MEAL:
~Grandma Clara


BEST ONE AND A HALF-HOUR LONG VERSION OF TWISTED SISTER'S "WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT" PLAYED ON GRANDMA'S PIANO:
~Nick

BEST IMPERSONATION OF A CHRISTMAS ANGEL:
~Michele


BEST EXAMPLE OF DETACHABLE SHOULDERS:
~Grandpa Larry


BEST EMERGECNY ROOM:
~Presbyterian Hospital, Matthews, NC

BEST CHOICE FOR CROWDED OUTLET SHOPPING IN THE RAIN:
~Gaffney, SC

BEST USE OF SOUTHERN WORDS BY CRACKER BARREL EMPLOYEE:
~"Do you want me to get yallz's check now?"

BEST REASONS TO COME HOME:
~To hear Pokey + Louis bark all night.


No comments:

Post a Comment